Glenwood Springs is great for movie locations and even better for vacations
Looking for a blockbuster vacation full of action, adventure…and relaxation?
Think Glenwood Springs.
If there is one thing Glenwood Springs has in common with Hollywood it’s action and adventure!
Hollywood filmmakers have used Glenwood Springs, known for its accessible waterfalls, majestic mountains, and beautiful canyons, as a back drop for several films such as Runaway Stage Coach, filmed here in 1902, and the recent Mr. and Mrs. Smith with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt. And while the city continues to draw producers for its scenic beauty, it is also a great place to vacation.
And while nature plays a starring role in most of our adventures, we think the best way to tell you about them is to do it like the movie business would do it.
Hollywood often uses different methods to describe films to give audiences a general idea what the film is about. For instance, if they described the spy fiction thriller Bourne Identity they might say, “It’s James Bond with amnesia!”
So here is how Hollywood might describe our attractions:
- It’s Die Hard in a raft!” (ride Colorado’s Whitewater Rapids with Rock Gardens Rafting).
- It’s Finding Nemo…in a warm pool! (swim your family adventure in nature’s largest mineral pool at the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool).
- It’s Mr. and Mrs. Smith…but you soar through a canyon and across the Colorado River! (go flying at Zipline Adventures at Glenwood Canyon Resort).
Or maybe your vacation needs a new genre:
- It’s action and adventure…sort of like…The Incredibles meets Indiana Jones…(take your family on a journey through all the attractions at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park).
- It’s like…the ultimate chick flick…with no drama! (let nature nurture your mind and body at Spa of the Rockies at the Glenwood Hot Springs).
- It’s like…a feel-good, authentic Western – without all the bad guys! (saddle up for a beautiful horseback ride at Sunlight Mountain Resort).
Flying, swimming, biking, climbing, zipping, riding, floating…just like the movies.
But the best way to describe a Glenwood Springs vacation?
Make Glenwood Springs part of your coming attractions.
You gotta get here.